Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day

Today I remember both my grandfathers . My mothers father that was a prisoner of war during the second world war and survived having his airplane bombed down over Germany - This is for you George Harry Fewtrell .I also remember my Bestefar - Odmund Flatmark that worked hard in the underground resistance during the second world war in Norway .

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

-John McCrae

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kari-Anne for including my Dad in your remembrance. That was so sweet of you.
Hugs to you all

Pappa said...

That was nice, Kar-Anne. Thank you from your mother and I.

Kari-Anne said...

I have dreams of my grandparents so often and I am so disapointed when I wake up to see that it was just a dream .