Monday, September 22, 2008

Stopping Time Photography

I cant believe how lucky I am to start doing something I love this much as a job at the "ripe " age of 35 . A friend asked me not long ago if I have always been this brave and just jumped into things without being afraid or worried . I had to think about that one . I guess the answer is yes . I am not afraid of this at all - I just love it so much and the feedback I have been getting as been so positive and the learning process as been so good for me that I see growth in my work every day .

Taking that one great photo makes my day and taking it for someone els makes my week . Seeing the look on a parents face when I capture their child doing something extraordinary or just making that grin or interesting face that only the parents know to love in that special way .
I feel so privileged to meet total strangers and spend time with them and just talk about their lives and why they want these photos taken .
I have learned that it is not about the camera or the editing because I have seen some photos taken with cameras the price of a car they totally suck and I have seen photos takes with a disposable camera that blows my mind . I have learned to bite my tongue when people assume that my photos are good because my camera is good :o)

I am so hoping and wishing that my business takes of because I love working my own schedule around my children . I love getting them at school and being there for every one of Alexanders cross country runs . I love having Annalisa with me every day as we explore the world through toddler eyes . I love doing homework with the 4 older kids every day and know what they do at school down to each page of work . Having a big family is hard work and I know I would be so much more overwhelmed if I was working a 9-5 job . All three boys in soccer , Katie in gymnastics and Nathan in Karate - life is busy .

Check out the web site and the blog if you have not been on the site in a while there may be some photos you have not seen .

www.stoppingtimephotography.net

there is also a link on the side of this page

At the moment I have three days a week that I do photo shoots and if it keeps being busy I will add one more day .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kari-Anne! I'm so very proud of you. And a great honour to call myself your tante.