My best friend Mathilde is here visiting and it is so great .We get along so fantastic . She brought her boy friend for us to meet and he is really nice . They just spent a few days in Kelowna skiing and today they left for Kicking Horse resort in Golden . They are going to be back in about 4 days to spend the rest of their vacation with us in Kamloops - with a few trips us to Sun Peaks our local ski hill .
I am just loving seeing Mathilde and Remi interact with the kids and it makes me miss having Mathilde around all the time . I realise how much I miss out on my family and friends back home . I felt the same way when I was visiting Norway and England this last month . I guess with age you just get ab it sentimental . I must say with my days I don;t have allot of time to be sentimental but lately I feel like this with the death of Silje's mum and then rigth after the death of Christina's mum . Friends that I have grown up with since I was only 3 . Both mum's great ladies that I have known for ever . Then the building collapsing in my home town so close to home and with a friend of mine from childhood loosing his life .
I guess just a evening of thinking of my own mortality as well as the mortality of the people I care for the most and love the most . Makes me think that I am so far away from my family and friends .
The positive thing is that I do have family here with me and they mean everything to me . This evening I was feeling sick in the bathroom and my son Alexander came to check on me . So sweet making sure I was OK and had a drink . We have got sick one by one and this evening it is my turn - I don't even feel like going to bed as I am running to the bathroom . ha ha
Ohh I did get three books about photography in the mail today that I had ordered from Amazon - should be a interesting read
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kari-Anne I think the saying goes something like this...absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you were around them all the time you might not appreciate them as much. This way you are able to realize how special they really are to you. Thank God for the internet and phones to still be in contact with them all when ever you want. I hope that cheers you up a bit. Oh and from now on when ever I take a peek at you blog I will remember to leave you a comment.....I promise!
Post a Comment