Monday, July 28, 2008

How you see yourself

I have never been thin , not even when I was thinner did I see myself as thin,or slim.When I worked out twice a day and played soccer 4 times a week I still was a big girl.But when I look back at the photos I would just LOVE to have a body like that now . You know that kind when you lay on your side and nothing hangs down ? You know what I meen , I know you do .
The thing is for me it has never been a issue . My weight that is , it has been me - this is who I am . All people are made in different shapes, and forms and with different attitudes about the way they look .I always had loads of friends, great family , great support - I was never without anyting.

I was told once that you can not find your thin / slim self before you see yourself as a thin person . I never have . I have never shut my eyes and imagine myself as a thin person . Guess what ? Today I did . I was thinking how it would be to be 40 and slim - hey only 6 years away . It is getting to a point that being fluffy is not cute , it is unhealthy for me and the older I get the more I will struggle to get the extra pounds of . Reality is that my body had a hard time with my latest pregnancy , not the weight coming on during but with the water weight coming on after . My blood pressure is so out of control that I have been on 5 different medications the last 3 months and finally it seems like things are settling for me . I gained about 25 lb in water weight in a few weeks , lost it , gained it , up and down . My specialist got me on 3 different water pills so I actually got dehydrated .

Anyway flash forward 2 weeks and I am down 10 lb's and I am actually feeling really good - I feel motivated , I have a image of how I see myself next summer and hey I am telling you all what I am doing so now I have some accountability also . So 10 lb down - only 70 lb to go , I will keep you all posted on my quest of getting healthy for my children .

Dam that felt good

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I am on this same quest!!! you and me- next summer bikini pics!!! LOL!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

I right there with you! I had my awh ha moment in April, and now have lost 23 pounds. I walk daily and most days I have to force myself to do it , but I do. I also started eating my dinner on a dessert plate instead of a dinner plate, that has cut back my caloric intake drasticly. Just a little tip that has helped me. Keep up the good work. Day by day you will get there!!

Unknown said...

it is a matter of just being awake to what you eat , I have never really thought of how some small things have so many calories in them- but now I know and slowing my weight is for once going the right way. And even after my holidays I feel O have control. keep at it and you will win
love mom

Kari-Anne said...

Thank you ladies :o) ( and big hug mum) it is going well -I don't know about bikini pics lol

I am down about 15 lb but have decided to hide the scale as I am jumping on it way to much .